- This event has passed.
2017 Astrobiology Science Conference (#AbSciCon) NASA Social
April 24 - April 25Free
What are the origins of life on Earth? Are we alone in the universe? These are some of the questions that will be discussed during the 2017 Astrobiology Science Conference (#AbSciCon) in Mesa, Arizona, and NASA is inviting 20 of its social media followers to attend on April 24 and 25.
AbSciCon brings together nearly a thousand scientists from across the world and from a broad range of many disciplines, including astronomy, chemistry, biology, geology, paleontology and so much more, to discuss the origins and evolution of life on Earth, and the possibilities for life in our Solar System and beyond.
The theme for AbSciCon 2017 is “Diverse Life and its Detection on Different Worlds.” Mars and icy worlds in our solar system are increasingly recognized as habitable, even as increasing numbers of exoplanets in their stars’ habitable zones have been discovered. The focus is shifting from identification of habitable worlds, to detection of life on them.
The conference is being held at the Mesa Convention Center located in the heart of downtown Mesa, Arizona.
NASA Social participants will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in the Astrobiology Science Conference in downtown Mesa, attend scientist talks, and visit a poster hall where they can speak directly to scientists about their research.
- Take part in guided tours of the Greeley Center at Arizona State University.
- Meet NASA and other scientists in-person on a broad range of topics, such as the exploration of Mars, the discovery of alien worlds, and searching for clues to the origin and evolution of life on our own planet.
- Meet fellow science enthusiasts who are active on social media.
Registration closed at 5 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, March 29, 2017.
NOTE: Cost of attendance at #NASASocial events is free, but participants are responsible for all costs associated with travel, lodging, transportation, meals, etc.
- April 24
- April 25
- Event Categories:
- Conferences, Conventions, Workshops, & Symposia, Tweetups/Socials/Open Houses
November 16 - November 19
December 5 - December 7
March 15, 2018 - March 18, 2018